I’ve been thinking about my #nerdlution to write daily for 50 days. First of all who wouldn’t want to do this, just to get the really cool button crafted by @MrazKristine. Secondly, I want to do this in a way that is not crazy making, that is in fact doable and fun. I needed direction. I needed a mission! Then I needed my ground rules, a sort guide book, a plan. I really can’t help this, I’m a nerd. I live by rules and plans.
My simple mission in this #nerdlution is to discover something about writing and myself. I want to push from time to time to points where I might be a little uncertain or a little uncomfortable.
So here goes my #nerdlution plan:
- Monday: Reflection on what I’ve done so far
- Tuesday: Slice of Life – Love this writing community!
- Wednesday: Poetry – This is shaky ground for me, so I’m breaking out the Georgia Heard.
- Thursday and Friday – Writing about reading – More nonfiction needed here.
- Saturday: Celebration – A huge thank you to Ruth Aryes creator of this wonderful weekly ritual.
- Sunday: Working on this one. Thinking about reflections on students.
The Ground Rules:
- No school night writing may take over 30 minutes.
- In bed by 10 pm on school nights.
- Upon reflection and with really good reasons, I can modify.
5 thoughts on “#Nerdlution Day 1-The Mission, the Plan, the Ground Rules”
I love how you’re doing something different each day – great twist! And kudos to you on in bed by 10pm. I’ve recently (2 1/2 yrs now?) been going to bed around 9pm each night (LONG story), and it’s been so healthy for me!! Good luck to you!
I love the idea of 9 pm just can’t do that one! Need to be ok with unfinished business. Thanks for the support!
Great plan with a lot of variety but YET also working on areas where you have identified needs! I love the rules – they will help you focus!
Great plan! So glad to see Slice of Life made it into your week!
Oh Julianne, I love the plan! Hmmmm, I may be borrowing your posting schedule and tweaking it for me. I love that idea. And the rules…very interesting. This post is making me think. Thank you for that! Congrats on Day 1!! Happy Nerdlution!